Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Service Learning Questions

What have you learned about yourself and/or your community through this service learning project?

Unfortunately there wasn't much to learn about myself... I was aware of my capabilities before this project, so I don't find this question applicable.  I have, however, learned of the great need in the community for people with writing skills.  Volunteer organizations are in need of people who can provide these services, so I may go look for more in my home community to see if I can help.

Do you have a different picture of your community than you had before you began your project?

Yes.  I didn't understand just how strapped for resources some of these volunteer organizations are.  I will attempt to make more of an effort to donate my time and skills to these organizations to help improve their ability to serve the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment